Monday, January 05, 2009

Glitter portrait

John might've made me a cheese press but I made him a family portrait with our motto, Somos Conjuntos (We are together). I uploaded this photo to http://www.befunky.com/ and "cartoonized" it so it was clean lines. I printed that black-and-white cartoonized portrait on paper, and sandwiched carbon paper between the cartoon and turquoise-painted canvas. By tracing over the cartoon I transferred an outline to be painted onto the canvas.
I then colored in the canvas with glitter paints and flesh colors I hand-mixed and generated a frame out of glitter and words. I didn't like the dull look of the flesh so I mixed some luster powder with flesh colors and re-applied it. The background is painted of Elmer's star-and-moons glitter glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment