- I cut 4 identical "triangles" of cotton batik to a few inches longer than the finished skirt length. The flattened "top" of the "triangle" is 1/2 of my estimate of the friend's waist size.
- I cut two large squares of fabric for patch pockets and free-formed a curvy design on them. I turned them right-side in, ironed them, stitched the top closed and then patched them onto the two front skirt panels.
- I flat-fell seamed all four panels together.
- Turned waistband under and stitched.
- Inserted elastic.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
4-gore, 1-hour skirt
Last weekend I made a skirt for Greta's friend's 10th birthday...
Posted by Heather at 3:47 PM