Inspired by the fabric banners I saw on Etsy I made my own version. The kids came home to Valentine's Day banners in their rooms. They say "We love you!" with different colors and fonts superimposed on different images.
1. I right-clicked on pictures and patterns on the internet to save.
2. I pasted the images into Publisher (but Word or another program would work, too).
3. I placed letters in different fonts/colors on top of the images.
4. I printed the banners on plain paper and cut them into long triangle shapes.
5. I stapled the papers on top of wrapping paper ribbon to form a banner.
6. I tacked the ribbon to the wall.