Friday, April 14, 2006

Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit: Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes with Fennel Cream Cheese Frosting

Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit: Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes with Fennel Cream Cheese Frosting:

I like her fennel ideas. I boiled fresh fennel shoots with honey last week as a tea to freeze for when John has a tummyache. I super-reduced some of it to create a fennel syrup, which I then added to carbonate water (www.sodaclub.com). The result was lackluster but not so bad that I didn't want to keep toying with the concept. Can't you just see a whole line of organic or wild-crafted herbal sodas? I mean, if Lemon-Basil is an excellent gelato flavor (which it is, right up there with pink grapefruit/vodka/peppercorn as Dolce y Fredo in Houston), why wouldn't Rose Geranium/Splenda/lemon also be a good soda type?

hez

No comments:

Post a Comment