Saturday, December 30, 2006

Long time no post












Above is a relatively recent picture of "Broken House," the place in Southern Oregon that John spends beaucoup time remodeling, Bishop Style. It was ultra-nasty beforehand.


The trailer is a 1968 17" Aloha I bought for $800 from our Nesika Beach neighbor. It has the original avocado and turquoise upholstery. I love it. It's also a great place for my family to sleep during the remodeling process and has a heater and bathroom. I've done some work with metal primer and will paint more in the spring.


The big thing that's happened since August is that I've left NCCN to start my own community health consulting practice: www.bonserbishop.com. My primary motivation is to work from home so I can spend time with the girls so they can come home on the school bus. Elia loves to cook and Greta likes to draw and I want to be home with them in the afternoon more. That's why I have kids, right?


I returned some of my Xmas gifts this week and used the money to buy a Dremel. I'm very excited. What I really want to do is poke holes in things (wood, shells, rocks, glass) so I can hang them and also make jewelry. We'll see. I have a lot of glass left over from when I made these (below) and to do something fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment